Temporary Logo

Welcome

I've been looking for some other CP/IP (Chronic/Intractable Pain) patients who would like to contribute to this site, whether one time, sporadic, or regularly. If anyone is interested, please email me at IntractablePainKills@gmail.com

I'm also open to any suggestions about improving the blog.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON ANY POST, PLEASE CLICK ON THE TITLE TO LOAD THE INDIVIDUAL POST.


DUE TO A GLITCH IN BLOGGER, MY POSTS DO NOT ALWAYS POST IN ORDER BECAUSE THEY POST USING THE TIME THAT I STARTED THE INITIAL DRAFT. I DO MY BEST TO CORRECT THIS WHENEVER POSSIBLE, HOWEVER SOME SLIP BY, SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO READ THE TITLES OF MORE THAN JUST THE MOST RECENT POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS ANYTHING.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Update- May 16, 2014

I haven't posted an update in a while and I haven't posted a link in three days, so I felt that this post couldn't wait any longer.

As some of you may know, my wife and I have been fighting CYS for a very long time. First, they called us drug addicts and said that we didn't need opioids or benzodiazepines. Once we disapproved that several dozen different ways, they decided that we're too ill to care for our daughter (disability is not legal grounds to take a child anyway). So, we've been disproving these most recent ridiculous allegations.

Honestly, they're pissed that we didn't cave and agree to discontinue our medically necessary medications. They don't like our young age or our knowledge of our medical conditions. They've wasted thousands of dollars on things like weekly GC/MS UDT (urine drug testing, ~$200/week).

Now, we are walking up to the school that our daughter will attend next year twice a day to prove that it will not be an issue. I honestly thought that it would be more difficult. We started Monday morning and haven't had any problems. We're almost halfway done with our two weeks of this ridiculousness and I've only noticed  a mild increase in my pain and no loss of function.

I am so thankful that our PCP has really had our backs. So many doctors would have jumped ship and abandoned us, but he refuses to allow himself or his patients to be bullied by these imbeciles.

I'm so thankful for such a caring family physician. Although he's received training in pain management (as well as Suboxone),  I find it impressive that he is willing to go through the hassles of being our doctor. At my most recent appointment, I thanked him for everything he's done, but instead of accepting any praise, he apologized for not being able to find a pain management doctor. He acknowledged my need for a higher level of care (specifically an intrathecal pain pump).

My pain hasn't improved since moving or since winter ended, but I'm functioning so much better than I was before we moved.

Steve