Temporary Logo

Welcome

I've been looking for some other CP/IP (Chronic/Intractable Pain) patients who would like to contribute to this site, whether one time, sporadic, or regularly. If anyone is interested, please email me at IntractablePainKills@gmail.com

I'm also open to any suggestions about improving the blog.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON ANY POST, PLEASE CLICK ON THE TITLE TO LOAD THE INDIVIDUAL POST.


DUE TO A GLITCH IN BLOGGER, MY POSTS DO NOT ALWAYS POST IN ORDER BECAUSE THEY POST USING THE TIME THAT I STARTED THE INITIAL DRAFT. I DO MY BEST TO CORRECT THIS WHENEVER POSSIBLE, HOWEVER SOME SLIP BY, SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO READ THE TITLES OF MORE THAN JUST THE MOST RECENT POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS ANYTHING.

Monday, November 18, 2013

OT-Novocure NovoTAL & my DIPA/DIPG

I was recently exited to learn that Novocure, the makers of the miraculous (IMO) NovoTTF-100A, recently released NovoTAL customizable arrays. I had originally been told that I couldn't utilize the Novocure system because of the location of my tumor (brainstem) and the arrays, but I want given any details. I had hoped that the new, customizable arrays could be used to work around the problem. Unfortunately, the arrays simply cannot be used to treat pontine gliomas due to the need to surround the tumor with arrays on all four sides (covering your ears and mouth a minimum of roughly 20 hours per day).

Long story short, I'm going to continue to live knowing that I'm doing nothing to treat my cancer, except for cannabinoids which appear to be only slowing the growth. Although they are significantly slowing the growth, they aren't stopping or reversing the growth.

Although the Novocure system is an amazing (effective and almost no side effects- mostly adhesive reactions) treatment option, it can't help me. The thought of the tumor continuing to grow and cause more pain is daunting and scary, but this system should help a lot of other people.

Steve