Temporary Logo

Welcome

I've been looking for some other CP/IP (Chronic/Intractable Pain) patients who would like to contribute to this site, whether one time, sporadic, or regularly. If anyone is interested, please email me at IntractablePainKills@gmail.com

I'm also open to any suggestions about improving the blog.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON ANY POST, PLEASE CLICK ON THE TITLE TO LOAD THE INDIVIDUAL POST.


DUE TO A GLITCH IN BLOGGER, MY POSTS DO NOT ALWAYS POST IN ORDER BECAUSE THEY POST USING THE TIME THAT I STARTED THE INITIAL DRAFT. I DO MY BEST TO CORRECT THIS WHENEVER POSSIBLE, HOWEVER SOME SLIP BY, SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO READ THE TITLES OF MORE THAN JUST THE MOST RECENT POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS ANYTHING.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Spouses (and all significant others)

I came across this photo on Facebook and it made me think of everything that our spouses and significant others go through.

As both an IP (Intractable Pain) patient and the spouse of an IP patient, I feel the stress of knowing everything that I'm putting my wife through. Just last night, my wife had to go to the ER (we got stuck in the hallway, again, so no TV for distraction and no outlet for my phone to watch something on it and no quiet or peace). I spent almost eight hours pacing back and forth. They didn't find the problem, the nurse was an opiophobic bitch, the urine test took well over two hours, anextra blanket took an hour, a ginger ale took 90 minutes, and after two hours and seven requests we were told that they had just run out of sandwiches. I couldn't do a damn thing too keep her comfortable (pain, thirst, or food).

Anyway, my point is that it isn't easy to be married to a CP/IP patient. So, I'd like to thank everyone who supports CP/IP suffers.

I'd also like to dedicate the week from 10/14-10/20 to them as the unofficial Intractable Pain Spouses Appreciation Week.

Happy IPSA week!

Steve

P.S. Please check out one of my other blogs
EDS Pain-  a joint blog between my wife and myself about her EDS
Cannabis Heals- ...about the healing qualities of cannabis and cannabinoids
Political Opiophobia- ...about Opiophobia
Cancer Hurts- ...about cancer and the pain surrounding it
Enduring Depression- ...the name speaks for itself