Temporary Logo

Welcome

I've been looking for some other CP/IP (Chronic/Intractable Pain) patients who would like to contribute to this site, whether one time, sporadic, or regularly. If anyone is interested, please email me at IntractablePainKills@gmail.com

I'm also open to any suggestions about improving the blog.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON ANY POST, PLEASE CLICK ON THE TITLE TO LOAD THE INDIVIDUAL POST.


DUE TO A GLITCH IN BLOGGER, MY POSTS DO NOT ALWAYS POST IN ORDER BECAUSE THEY POST USING THE TIME THAT I STARTED THE INITIAL DRAFT. I DO MY BEST TO CORRECT THIS WHENEVER POSSIBLE, HOWEVER SOME SLIP BY, SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO READ THE TITLES OF MORE THAN JUST THE MOST RECENT POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS ANYTHING.

Friday, October 11, 2013

Update

My wife and I had our quarterly checkup with our PCP Wednesday night. As some of you know, my wife and I are under-medicated because of a number of factors, including Opiophobia, the semi-recent increase in the War on Drugs, and the fact that our PCP also does Suboxone (treats addicts).

Our PCP still refuses to increase our Duragesic. My wife was switched from OxyIR to oxymorphone, after months of requiring that multiple doses of OxyIR 30mg. He wasn't as stingy as when he put me on oxymorphone, but her pain is finally diagnosed (EDS, type 1 & 2), but he still a bit stingy.

After 7-9 months of begging for an increase, he finally increased my oxymorphone again. It's still nothing collapsedl compared to the Actiq that he refuses to prescribe since he's started doing buprenorphine/naloxone treatments (generic Suboxone and Suboxone film, mainly the film according top the literature the drug reps litter the office with). That is also why he refuses to use methadone for pain management.

Wow, off-topic, sorry. Still waiting on insurance approval, fingers crossed that we get approved and that these help.