Temporary Logo

Welcome

I've been looking for some other CP/IP (Chronic/Intractable Pain) patients who would like to contribute to this site, whether one time, sporadic, or regularly. If anyone is interested, please email me at IntractablePainKills@gmail.com

I'm also open to any suggestions about improving the blog.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON ANY POST, PLEASE CLICK ON THE TITLE TO LOAD THE INDIVIDUAL POST.


DUE TO A GLITCH IN BLOGGER, MY POSTS DO NOT ALWAYS POST IN ORDER BECAUSE THEY POST USING THE TIME THAT I STARTED THE INITIAL DRAFT. I DO MY BEST TO CORRECT THIS WHENEVER POSSIBLE, HOWEVER SOME SLIP BY, SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO READ THE TITLES OF MORE THAN JUST THE MOST RECENT POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS ANYTHING.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Support

I haven't had a pain related post in a few days, so I wanted to check in. The first decent idea that came to mind as support. We all need great support systems, but family and friends can't always handle our pain and stress, so we turn to each other.

As an intractable pain patient, I find three problems with support groups:
1) There aren't many around me
2) I can't travel to one during a pain flare, when I need to avoid isolation most
3) Support groups only meet at select times, usually once a week

So, we turn to online support groups. There are many online support groups on Google Groups or Yahoo Groups. There are also Facebook groups, but I don't recommend them because they aren't as close knit and you can't have the messages delivered directly to your inbox. I have found several groups that I really like, but the most broad and helpful one, with the least restrictive rules is LWCP. It has also helped me the most. I will say that there are many other great groups and my recommendation of LWCP doesn't mean that I don't value the other groups. As a Moderator of LWCP (the owner has become a great friend), I review membership requests. If anyone does decide to join, please note that you found the group from my blog when you sign-upm

LWCP- Living With Chronic Pain

Steve