Temporary Logo

Welcome

I've been looking for some other CP/IP (Chronic/Intractable Pain) patients who would like to contribute to this site, whether one time, sporadic, or regularly. If anyone is interested, please email me at IntractablePainKills@gmail.com

I'm also open to any suggestions about improving the blog.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON ANY POST, PLEASE CLICK ON THE TITLE TO LOAD THE INDIVIDUAL POST.


DUE TO A GLITCH IN BLOGGER, MY POSTS DO NOT ALWAYS POST IN ORDER BECAUSE THEY POST USING THE TIME THAT I STARTED THE INITIAL DRAFT. I DO MY BEST TO CORRECT THIS WHENEVER POSSIBLE, HOWEVER SOME SLIP BY, SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO READ THE TITLES OF MORE THAN JUST THE MOST RECENT POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS ANYTHING.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday

I started writing this yesterday as a post to my support group, but couldn't focus long enough to edit it for this blog. I've tried to edit it from current tense to past tense, but I easily could have missed something and if I did, I apologize.
Written 9/29/2013
Edited 10/8/2014

-------------------------

I spent most of Saturday at my daughter's favorite park and, oddly enough, the local cemetery (Molly Pitcher is buried there, my 5 year old daughter can't get enough of history) with my daughter. We (my wife) and I took her to the park with my Dad today and I'm in excruciating pain. I knew that I'd pay for it, I was maxed out on my breakthrough pain meds and Zofran/ondansetron for the day before dinnertime* and I would kill for an epidural or nerve block (I don't believe in serial nerve blocks and I never really want too have one done), but it was do worth it to see her eyes light up while reading the historical marker and making new friends and racing down the slide with one of her seven new friends and finally mastering the monkey bars. We also took my Dad to Giant (grocery store) because he needed groceries and things have been tight and Bank of America hasn't exactly followed through with the pre-employment promises and it was nice to be able to help him.

Anyway, back to my point, I may not walk for days, but nothing compares to spending eight hours with your kid and being sure that she, at least for a little while, they forgot that your sick and/or dying.

She figured out that I was sick I'm her own and I just couldn't lie to her. Yes, I sugar-coated the facts, but I lost too many people without watching and can never forgive the adults that let me get blind-sided. I was the kid that was way too mature for my age and got along with adults just as well as I did with kids, I babysat my newborn cousin at the age of ten. Yes, adult(s) were in the house, but they were busy and I liked the responsibility. Anyway, she's exactly like that and we thought she could handle it, and she has. My mother doesn't agree, but she was/is a terrible mother. She's also one of the ones who let me repeatedly get blindsided. My point is that her opinion means nothing to me. In fact, her disagreement assures me that I made he right choice.

Anyway, my real reason for this post is to say that I had an awesome day and I have an awesome kid and it was worth the pain and suffering over the next 3-4 days.

* My doctor allows me to take my six daily doses as I see fit instead of every for hours. PAIN MEDICATION SHOULD ALWAYS BE TAKEN AS PRESCRIBED