Temporary Logo

Welcome

I've been looking for some other CP/IP (Chronic/Intractable Pain) patients who would like to contribute to this site, whether one time, sporadic, or regularly. If anyone is interested, please email me at IntractablePainKills@gmail.com

I'm also open to any suggestions about improving the blog.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON ANY POST, PLEASE CLICK ON THE TITLE TO LOAD THE INDIVIDUAL POST.


DUE TO A GLITCH IN BLOGGER, MY POSTS DO NOT ALWAYS POST IN ORDER BECAUSE THEY POST USING THE TIME THAT I STARTED THE INITIAL DRAFT. I DO MY BEST TO CORRECT THIS WHENEVER POSSIBLE, HOWEVER SOME SLIP BY, SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO READ THE TITLES OF MORE THAN JUST THE MOST RECENT POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS ANYTHING.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Update

My back is killing me, my legs are even worse. I wish that I could impart some wisdom, but days like today are for watching TV and waiting for them to pass.

I'd like to invite anyone and everyone who has any questions, or needs advice on handling their doctors.

A little more about me

I had an intrathecal morphine pump trial June 24-26, 2011. It was wildly successful, but the pain management office that works with my Neurosurgeon declined me as a patient because I was already taking a high opioids (which is necessary to qualify for the procedure and I was told that I couldn't even be on hydrocodone/acetaminophen if I wanted to be CONSIDERED as a patient), so they doesn't implant the pump. I still haven't found am office willing too implant one for several reasons
1) liability- my brainstem tumor will kill me by growing enough that it stops my breathing and/or heart, this will mimic opioid overdose
2) I am on a high dose of Duragesic (fentanyl) patches, but I could easily discontinue them with an intrathecal pump
3) my age,  I am 23 years old, I was 21 at the time.

-Steve

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence."
- Charles Bukowski

Posted from Blogger for Android