Temporary Logo

Welcome

I've been looking for some other CP/IP (Chronic/Intractable Pain) patients who would like to contribute to this site, whether one time, sporadic, or regularly. If anyone is interested, please email me at IntractablePainKills@gmail.com

I'm also open to any suggestions about improving the blog.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON ANY POST, PLEASE CLICK ON THE TITLE TO LOAD THE INDIVIDUAL POST.


DUE TO A GLITCH IN BLOGGER, MY POSTS DO NOT ALWAYS POST IN ORDER BECAUSE THEY POST USING THE TIME THAT I STARTED THE INITIAL DRAFT. I DO MY BEST TO CORRECT THIS WHENEVER POSSIBLE, HOWEVER SOME SLIP BY, SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO READ THE TITLES OF MORE THAN JUST THE MOST RECENT POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS ANYTHING.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Bad Days

I've been having bad days for almost a month straight. Opioid pain medications are great, when they're dosed properly, but when the DEA has doctors too afraid to prescribe adequate doses, patients suffer.

As I continue to suffer through a flare without the Actiq/OTFC (or Fentora, Onsolis, Subsys, Lazanda, or Abstral), I can comprehend why some people resort to street drugs. I, myself, am allergic to morphine, which is the major active metabolite of diacetylmorphine. I'm lucky in a sense because my allergy to morphine protects me from any temptation that might arise on days like this when my pain is unbearable.

No one should get their medication from the streets, whether it be heroin/diacetylmorphine/diamorphine, morphine, oxymorphone/Opana, oxycodone/OxyContin/OxyIR/Roxicodone, hydromorphone/Dilaudid/Exalgo, hydrocodone/Norco/Vicodin, codeine, methadone, fentanyl/Sublimaze/Duragesuc, sufentanil/Sufenta, alfentanil/Alfenta/Rapifen, or any other opioid. Medications should be taken EXACTLY as prescribed by your doctor.

Now that my public service announcement is complete, I'm going to take my full dose of lorazepam and tizanidine and pray for some asleep.

Some non-opioid pain relief options (depending on your pain type) include:
* Ice/cold packs
* Heating pads
* benzodiazepines (if prescribed)
* muscle relaxers
* Ibuprofen/Advil/Motrin
* hot shower or bath
* massage
* meditation
* distraction (TV, movies, etcetera)
* comedy (endorphins)
* sex/orgasm (endorphins)

-Steve

Remember that you can share my blog on chronic, intractable pain at
http://bit.ly/IPkills

I'm always open to comments and suggestions:
IntractablePainKills@gmail.com